Error margins in the line error margin chart help to see standard deviations or a probability span over time, at a glance. You can add them as whole numbers or percentages. You can use this chart to display financial data, poll results, or any data that contains a probability or an error margin.
To create a line error margin chart:
❶ Click Add chart and choose the line error margin one in the list
❷ Double click to access and edit the chart’s data table:
- Column A: insert dates in the format of your choice
- Column B: provide data points to create a line
- Column C: enter the negative error values
- Column D: enter the positive error values
- Column E: name each separate group
Click to enlarge the image
❸ Use the panel on the right to edit chart settings. For more, read the tutorial about Editing chart settings.