The table chart is one of the most basic chart types, however in Infogram, you can take your table to the next level with features like interactive search, data sorting, inserting images, icons, and links. Table charts are useful if you’re using data with both textual and numeric columns.
In this tutorial you will learn how to:
- Customize your table chart.
- How to add images and icons to cells.
- How to add hyperlinks to your chart cells.
To customize elements in the table chart:
❶ Select the chart > open the Table elements tab in the right side settings panel.
❷ In this tab you can adjust:
- Image height: This setting will affect images or icons you have inserted into you chart cells. For more on how to insert images and icons into your table, read instructions below.
- Text alignment: It allows you to choose a left, right, or a center alignment of text in your table cells. This setting will not apply to the first row and column if you have
- Vertical alignment: The same principle applies here, vertically within a table cell.
- Text size: You can choose to use the default, smaller or bigger text size.
- Header alignment: You can create headers by enabling the Merge first row and Merge first column options in the Table properties tab, in the settings panel. Then choose to align a left, right, or a center alignment of text.
Expand the Table properties tab in the right sidebar to access additional settings:
- Vertical header: Tilts the header row text vertically.
- Icons instead of text: Changes all entries in your data table to icons. Data from the cells will appear when you hover over the chart. To change the icon type, head over to the Table elements tab.
- Dynamic column width: If enabled, it will calculate the optimal width for columns based on the amount of text added. If disabled, it will assign equal widths for all columns.
- Show first cell (A1): Shows or hides the A1 cell of the table.
- Search bar: Enables the viewer to search keywords in the table. Only rows containing the search phrase will be narrowed down and displayed.
- Merge first column: Enables a different style and settings for the first column.
- Merge first row: Freezes the first row and allows you to specify its alignment under the Table elements tab.
- Sort (high-low): Sorts the columns A-Z as Z-A. Sorting only works if the Merge first row setting is enabled.
- Downloadable data: Allows viewers to download the chart source data in SVG format.
To insert images and icons in your table:
❶ Double-click on a map to bring up the table data.
❷ Right-click on any cell in your table.
❸ Click the Set image or shape button at the bottom of the menu.
❹ Choose an image, icon, or shape from the image library, or upload any image from your computer. You can customize the uploaded image size in the right sidebar under the Table elements tab.
To add hyperlinks to your table chart:
You can also add hyperlinks to any cell in your table. Your viewers will be able to click the cell and be redirected to a new tab where your URL will automatically open. To use this option, right-click on the cell and choose to Add/change link in the menu.